As of yesterday MsSparky.com has been block from the vast majority of KBR’s servers and for those complaining, there’s not a damn thing I can do about it. Sorry!! KBR owns the servers and therefore can censor the info you receive….kinda like North Korea! So for those KBR employees in the US, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait and Dubai who still want to keep up with what’s going on via MsSparky.com, here are a few suggestions.
1. For those KBR employees in the States, you will have to access MsSparky.com from home, Starbucks or any other system. For those in the Middle East, access MsSparky.com from the internet in your room if you have it. Be a good co-worker and copy and save it as a PDF so it can not be changed and then attach it to an email and send it to your friends via their non KBR email accounts, ie Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc. If KBR is even still allowing you access those. Sending a “link” for MsSparky.com won’t work. You must copy the text of the post.
2. Try accessing MsSparky.com from a non KBR computer. Try a military MWR, military office or another contractors server or a friends internet access from their room.
3. Ask someone from the States to read MsSparky.com, copy it, save as a PDF and send it to you if possible.
4. I will be setting up an email list to send out “text only” copies of my posts. Unfortunately is won’t include comments. If you would like to leave a comment on those posts, just email me your comment and I will add it myself.
5. If you would like to be on that email list, send me an email via the “Contact Us” page (tab at top on right) or firstname.lastname@example.org. I am the only one that can see your email address. Give me a couple of days to get this going. If you have a specific question ask it and I will try to answer it for you.
6. You can continue to send information to email@example.com or the “Contact Us” page if you have access. Or, print it and mail it to DJ Crawford, PO Box 1278, Battle Ground, WA 98604.
I am going to look into cross posting my posts at other sites. I’ll let you know. I suspect that KBR will block those as well.
All I can say is….we must be doing something right.
Keep those cards and letters coming!! LOL