DoDIG blames system failure in death of Ryan Maseth
Posted by defensebaseactcomp on July 27, 2009
By KIMBERLY HEFLING (AP) – 1 hour ago
WASHINGTON — The Defense Department’s Inspector General has determined that military leaders and a military contractor failed to protect a Green Beret who was electrocuted while showering in his barracks in Iraq.The 2008 death of 24-year-old Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth has triggered investigations into the other electrocution deaths of U.S. troops and the review by the Defense Department’s IG.The inspector general says that “multiple systems and organizations” failed and exposed Maseth to “unacceptable risk.” That’s according to a summary of the IG’s findings obtained by The Associated Press.
It specifically spells out that KBR Inc. installed improperly grounded equipment that faulted and led to Maseth’s death. Full Story Here
More on Ryan Maseth and electrocutions Ms Sparky